19 March 2022
Tumaro's was founded by Chet and Renee Tumino in 1996. The Tumino's were inspired to start their own business after the philosophy of "Healthy Living" dramatically improved their lives.
Chet grew up in a highly successful family owned bakery and deli on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, NY. He left that business to pursue a career in finance, but after spending nearly 20 years as a Wall Street executive, he found himself overweight and suffering from high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
Once he made the decision to change his diet and lifestyle, Chet lost 50 pounds and reversed all of his health problems. He adopted a low carbohydrate lifestyle and discovered that finding good tasting low carb foods was not an easy task. Together with his wife Renee, they decided to create their own great tasting line of low carb products - Tumaro's.
After much research and development they created Tumaro's Low-in-Carbâ„¢ Tortillas with only 54 calories each, which is half the calories found in regular tortillas. The very first batch of tortillas was produced in an old bread factory on Long Island by hand with Chet working the ovens at night while keeping his day job.
Tumaro's Carb Wise wraps are an incredibly versatile and delicious option for anyone on a low-carb diet. Made with wheat flour, they have only 70 calories, 8 grams of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber), and 0 grams of sugar per wrap. Because they are low in calories, low in fat, and high in fiber and protein, Tumaro's Carb Wise wraps are a great option for anyone watching their weight or blood sugar levels.
With 7 different flavors to choose from, you have plenty of options when it comes to making a healthy lunch or dinner. Each flavor has different ingredients that can make them taste better with certain foods.
Multigrain Wrap A blend of flax seed, sunflower seeds, oats, millet and brown rice flour makes this wrap perfect with sweet or savory fillings. Try it with sliced strawberries and Greek yogurt or peanut butter!
Whole Wheat Wrap This is the perfect variety to complement chicken salad or tuna salad. It is slightly more dense than the multigrain wrap so it holds up well to any filling you choose.
Spinach Wrap The spinach wrap is great for a veggie-packed meal. Try filling this one with hummus.
Tumaros Carb Wise benefits:
At Tumaro's we're constantly striving to provide you with the best tasting, most nutritious, and lowest calorie options in tortillas and wraps. Here are just some of the benefits of our Carb Wise line of products:
1. Low Calorie - Our wraps have only 60 calories each!
2. Low Carb - With only 4-6 net carbs per wrap, they're an ideal choice for low carb dieters!
3. Low Fat - All of our wraps are free of saturated fat, good source of fiber, and a great way to keep a healthy diet!
4. High Fiber - All of our wraps have at least 5 grams of fiber per wrap! That's 20% your daily value!
5. High Protein - Our wraps have 5-8 grams of protein per wrap which makes them a great addition to any meal or snack!
6. Easy To Use - Our wraps can be used in place of bread or rice, so you can use them in all your favorite recipes! Just replace the high calorie option with one of ours, and enjoy the same delicious taste and texture in fewer calories!