25 February 2022
The halal guys benefits keto diet is so much more than just an eating plan. It's a lifestyle.
The ketogenic keto diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate diet. It's similar to other low-carb diets. But unlike most low-carb diets, it involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain. Ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has numerous health benefits (2Trusted Source).
Studies show that low-carb diets result in weight loss and improved health markers. All you need to do is to eat whole foods that make for a complete, nutritious, and filling diet. Get instant access to healthy low-carb and keto meal plans, fast and easy recipes, weight loss advice from medical experts, and so much more.
Halal Guys is a fast-casual restaurant chain that originated in New York City, selling halal dishes. The layout resembles many other fast food chains, except with a grill in the center of the restaurant. It was founded by Mohamed Abouelenein, Ahmed Elsaka, and Abdelbaset Elsayed in 1990, originally as a hot dog cart.
The Halal Guys cart on W 53rd St. and 6th Ave. was extremely popular among cab drivers, who would often stop for lunch or dinner. The cart began serving chicken over rice platters and gyros to cater to the large Muslim taxi driver population in New York City during the 1980s. Mohamad Abouelenein, Ahmed Elsaka and Abdelbaset Elsayed came together to open the first restaurant in 2005 in East Village at 14th Street and Second Avenue.
keto friendly options at halal guys.
1. The gyro platter: Traditional meat is the one with lamb and beef. If you are going to order this meat, you can ask for it to be steamed instead of grilled. The reason why you should ask for this is because the grilled version comes with bread, which is not keto friendly. You can also ask for extra lettuce and tomatoes, which are keto friendly. You can also add in some tzatziki sauce or white sauce to your platter, which will make it tastier.
2. Chicken platter: The chicken platter is a better choice than the gyro platter because it does not come with bread so you do not have to worry about asking them to steam it instead of grilling it. Just like the gyro platter, you can add in lettuce, tomatoes and sauces like tzatziki and white sauce.
3. Falafel: This option has a lot of carbs because falafel is made from chickpeas, but if you absolutely want to get some falafel then ask the person at the counter to serve the falafel without pita bread and just put them on top of your salad or meat.
Ideal for anyone looking for a keto-friendly version of America's favorite gyro.
1. Mix together ingredients for keto tzatziki and set aside.
2. Cook ground beef and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Toss well and roast for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees F, or until golden brown.
4. Assemble the gyros! Spread tzatziki on top of the tortilla, then add cauliflower rice, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onion and Greek seasoning to taste!